This is a discontinued product.
The CardTool™ magnetic card reader module is a 3-Track Magnetic Stripe card reader with 1MBytes of flash memory that is plug and play, via the Springboard expansion slot with the complete line of Visor™ handheld computers.
- Reads Tracks 1, 2, and 3 of ISO Magnetic Cards
- Compatibility with Palm OS® Development tools
- Provide Plug-and-play functionality
- No external battery required, uses handheld internal battery.
- Power Management conserves handheld battery
- Combines the versatility of a handheld computer with remote data collection
- Custom Magnetic Decoding Algorithms, Security Management, and Secret Key Storage
- Development kit with software libraries
- Custom colors on orders over 100
- Custom labeling insert area
The CardTool reader module with the Visor handheld computer is designed to store the card reading application inside the reader’s memory. This allows for perfect plug and play functionality. Simply install the CardTool reader module into the Springboard slot and the application software is loaded into the handheld computer. A new icon is added to the palm top automatically and the handheld is ready to read magnetic stripe cards. Designed by TokenWorks, the CardTool reader module provides 1 or 2 Mbytes of internal flash memory for storing the application software and backup transaction data. And since the CardTool reader module memory is non-volatile, the application software and/or database won’t be lost when the module is removed from the Visor or the batteries run out!
- University ID Cards
- Driver’s License
- Age Verification
- Corporate Badges
- Trade Shows
- Event Ticketing
- Patient Management
- Membership Cards
- Loyalty Applications