TokenWorks Inc. Company Profile
Here at TokenWorks, we design, manufacture and support a wide range of advanced and industry-leading ID Scanning and Data Entry Automation systems.
The founders of TokenWorks have been developing token and smart card-based technologies since 1992. In 1998 we founded TokenWorks to build smart card chip readers that ultimately evolved into our focus on Magnetic Stripe and 2D Barcode reader technology. We first developed systems to scan drivers licenses on the Handspring Palm Pilot in 2002, and we have never looked back, always ahead.
In all of our efforts, the following principles are paramount:
- Design in durability, quality, and value.
- Deliver value to our customers and shareholders.
- Do it once. Do it right.
- Keep it simple.
TokenWorks Inc. was formed in 1998 as a Delaware corporation. The Company’s shares are privately held. Read more about us at TokenWorks.com.
The name TokenWorks derives from our experiences in token based systems. Token based systems use a smart card, magnetic card, bar code or contactless card to authenticate an individual for payment or access to a product/service. The systems have much in common, but differ in the card technology. Therefore the term token is pertinent to all systems. The term works conveys an image of a foundry or factory where products are brought to life. Therefore TokenWorks attempts to convey that we are involved in the creation of Token based systems.
To·ken – (tkn)
- Something serving as an indication, proof, or expression of something else.
- A distinguishing feature or characteristic.
- Something that signifies or evidences authority, validity, or identity: The scepter is a token of regal status.
- A piece of stamped metal used as a substitute for currency: subway tokens.
Works – (wûrks)
- (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A factory, plant, or similar building or complex of buildings where a specific type of business or industry is carried on. Often used in combination: a steelworks.
- Internal mechanism: the works of a watch.
The output of a writer, artist, or musician considered or collected as a whole: the works of Shakespeare.
- Engineering structures, such as bridges or dams.